Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Upcoming Elections

On May 5th, many of the UK's various sub-units hold elections. This includes elections for the assemblies in Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. This also includes city and county level elections in England, including in London.

The UK also has an important vote on June 23rd, a referendum on possibly leaving the EU.

I've also completed a map showing upcoming US votes. New York voted last night, and I will be making a post summing up the US race in entirety tomorrow, which will mark 200 days until the election. Hopefully this map makes sense, if not, let me know, and I'll see what I can do:


There are also other elections that I do have my eyes on:

April 24th - Serbia. The boring part is that the current government looks like it'll be re-elected with a similarly large majority.

May 9th - Philippines. This is not a country that really catches my interest, so I'm not certain how closely I'll be following it.

May 22nd - Cyprus. I do have some interest here, but not much, so we'll see how close I follow this.

June 5th - Macedonia. Not a country I know much about, so I may not follow this very close either.

July 10th - Japan, upper house. Half of the upper house is up for election. The Opposition holds 44 seats not up for election, with 62 opposition seats up for election. The opposition needs to hold on to 37 of these seats, at least, to prevent the government from winning a 2/3rds majority. Expect more posts on this.

August 6th - Northern Territory election in Australia. Expect more posts on this as well.

August 8th - My Birthday. Not an election, but I'll see if I can't get a nice present to myself as a blogpost on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment