Monday, September 21, 2015

Why you can't have my election file (actually you can if you ask nice)

I am willing to share the spreadsheet file that I use to project these elections, but, I warn you; it's broken.

Let me clarify.

How it is supposed to work:

You find a new poll or poll average you want to put into the program.
You open the program.
You put in the numbers.
Automatic Math.
More automatic math.
More automatic math.
The results come out the other end.


How it currently works

You find a new poll or poll average you want to put into the program.
You open the program.
You put in the numbers.
Math.
(program has stalled)


It will produce the results wanted, but, it does not do so automatically. You can force it to work properly using various means and methods, but the reality is, this file is incomplete.


Why?


Well, frankly, after 2011, I actually quit making projections. I retired. I did not really expect anyone would want to see my 2015 projections that badly. I was not expecting to start my own website, and as such, my crappy incomplete file would serve only to satisfy my own curiosity.


If I find the time, I might try to fix the problems, but given how close we are to the election, it's frankly just a better option to start from scratch using the official results when they are published some time in November.


Still. If you really want the file, e-mail me. I go by TheNewTeddy everywhere, twitter, facebook, and on e-mail. E-mail is the best way to reach me if you want the file, and I can be found @ hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment